Monday, October 27, 2008

Why aren't they this quiet when shopping........

One of my four children sleeping peacefully during the afternoon.
Oh, how I wish they would be this peaceful when I go shopping with them. I'm speaking from the wonderful experience we had today on a shopping trip. :- (
Callie woke up when the camera flashed in her face.
What a face!
Well, I'm off to have some much needed "ME TIME"! Yeah! All four of my children are in bed for the night, Duane is out with the guys, so I'm going to grab a book and relax in a filled-to-the-brim tub full of warm water and bubbles. Aah........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know one thing. How do you get Samuel to take a nap still? Grace has given hers up already. If I try to make her take a nap I'm even more tired from trying to get her to lay down.
Oh, and I hope you enjoyed your "me" time. :-)

~Regina~ said...

I guess he's so worn out from playing hard he takes a nap. Sometimes he will just fall asleep in the middle of the floor if I don't put him in bed for a nap. Of course, some days it's not that way. :-) I have to give him an incentive for taking a nap. He likes me tell tell him a story and get to do something special when he wakes up!
Oh, yes the "me" time was great! I finished an entire book before I went to sleep last night! I love reading and hadn't got to do that in such a looong time.

Carrie said...

What book was it? ;)

~Regina~ said...

Well, I should have tried to read some more of Love and Respect (I've been trying to finish that book since September!) or one of the other many marriage/mother books I have on my shelves. Instead I chose a mystery fiction book--The Edge of Recall by Kristen Heitzmann
That's my favorite kind of fiction book to read--mystery! I'll save the good non-fiction books that I SHOULD be reading for a time when I'm not feeling so stressed/frantic!! Those kind of books take so much out of me that I'm more drained after I read them than I was before. Maybe it's because all my faults and failures are pointed out to me in blinding black and white. I read all the things I should be doing as a wife and mother and am simply overwhelmed! Well, enough said. I've got to stop rambling, can ya tell I'm a little frazzled! LONG DAY! :-)