Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Prying the old eyelids open today........the ramblings of an incoherent woman

I'm lounging on the couch in the living room, laptop in hand, blearily staring at a way too bright computer screen. I guess I could change the settings and dim it! Okay, that's better. What will I write about today? Maybe I'll just ramble on and on until I wake up. Why am I not up running around the house getting the many things done that I need to get done? Last night was one of those extremely LATE nights! I think it must have been somewhere around 3:00 AM when I crawled off to bed! I can just hear it--you're asking yourself why on earth would she stay up so late. Let's see, it's called trying to print out some files that wouldn't print because I couldn't get my laptop hooked up to the wireless printer. Let's just say it took literally hours for my husband to undo what my 2 & 3 year old did somehow in just seconds! Still don't know what they did to the Netgear, but it sure messed things up! The alarm goes off at 6:30 AM. You do the math. Yeah, that's 3 1/2 hours of sleep! I managed to get my two youngest kids to stay in bed until around 8:00. I drifted in and out of sleep until Samuel woke me with a start screaming his head off about a bug in his room. That's right, so far, mommy is the brave one when it comes to battling bugs, bees, spiders, you name it, I've killed it! I might be brave on the outside, but I'm scared to death of some of the wicked looking creatures I've hunted down! Anyway, it was just a fly buzzing around his head. Shooed the fly away....stumbled back to bed.....drift off to sleep again. Next, I get woke up with a "Mommy, get me out of here." Callie is awake. She's really good about staying in her bed when she wakes up. She just says over and over, getting louder and louder, that she wants out of there. I laid in bed, oh so, not wanting to get up. Then I hear, "Mommy I pooped in here!" I decide I better put her out of her misery and change her diaper. I once again, pry my eyelids open, stumble out the bedroom door, down the hall, and greet my daughter. Oh my stars! She's laying in her bed, without a diaper! Apparently she decided it was time for a new one and decided to help Mommy out by taking her old one off! Only thing is, she decided to go to the bathroom after she took off the diaper. Now, in addition to everything else this poor, tired, old lady needs to accomplish today, the sheets/blankets need washed! Enough said about that! Yawn! I need to wake up and get moving! I apologize for all the grammatical errors, improper sentence structuring, etc... in this post. I'm just not awake enough to read and re-read trying to correct them all. You can post the mistakes in the comment section and maybe I'll wake up enough later and fix all of them! HINT.....HINT........I love getting comments back from you all that read my blog! Some days it's my only connection to the outside world!

2 comments:

Jeanne (Shackelford) McIntosh said...

What a night! I am glad to be only a grandma. Yikes! I have to teach some criters, but have my breaks every evening. Just Mom!

Carrie said...

Ugh. I've had those days! I will have to add that I'm glad the diaper days are long over!