Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shopping Spree.....a Smashing Success!

My relaxing "stay-at-home-and-do-nothing" day turned into a shopping day. This morning, Duane saw gas for $2.22 a gallon. (I should have taken a picture of the price!) With the way gas has been jumping all around, I decided to go fill the van up and do a little shopping. I filled the van up for $37.90! It has been a LONG time since we filled it up that cheaply. Then it was on to the mall. I had received some coupons in the mail. I ended up buying 7 shirts & a jacket from JC Penney's and 2 books, 2 cd's, & a Heathcliff DVD from TJ-Maxx. Had I paid full price on all these items, I would have spent $226.35! I ended up spending only $10.50! (My husband likes these kind of shopping sprees!) I was so excited about my good buys (not to mention the kids were getting cranky and I was starving) that I forgot to go to Hobby Lobby and buy some zippers that they have 50% off this week. (gotta stock up for some future sewing projects) Oh well, I guess I'll have to make my way out shopping again. Who knows, maybe I'll find some more bargains! :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, a little side note. I decided to dress-up when I went shopping. We're talking heels, dress skirt, blouse, suit jacket-the whole nine yards! I love to dress up for no reason--Yeah, I know it seems strange, but you should try it sometime! :) The minute I walked in the store the sales associates were coming out of the woodwork to ask if they could help me. I think they probably thought this woman was going to spend some BIG money! Imagine their surprise when I scoured the store only looking at the 97 cent clearance racks! LOL I ended up SAVING big money instead of SPENDING it!

No comments: