Wednesday, October 29, 2008

1 Mommy + 1 Daughter + 1 Story = Beautiful Braids & Happy Smiles

I would like to say a great BIG 'thank you' to the anonymous person's comment on my blog. Your idea of making up stories while fixing my daughter's hair was brilliant! As you can tell from her happy expression and neatly combed hair it worked! She sat as quiet as a mouse while I made up a story about a princess and her new bed! (I'm trying to prepare her for the transition from a crib to her big girl 'princess' bed.)
Callie loves talking to herself in the mirror.


She's a very expressive little girl! I don't think she'll have the same problems her mommy had when giving a speech in front of a crowd! :) She's already got the hand gestures down pat!

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Is that the same little girl?:) so adorable and glad you both had a good time:)

Love your idea about the charts and being accountable with other moms who blog about getting exercise in. Will try to work on doing that. Thanks for idea Regina!!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!!! She is just absolutely TOO cute Regina! I can't wait to see you all again at Thanksgiving!

Carrie said...

Um, you had problems speaking in front of a crowd?

Goodness! I'm glad I don't have a little girl's hair to fix. I can barely fix my own (and how long did it take you to teach me??) HA!

~Regina~ said...

I still vividly remember the first speech I gave in college. It was one of those early morning classes. I was so nervous, my mouth was as dry as a bone and my tongue kept sticking to the roof of my mouth. It's a little difficult to talk in that condition. LOL I have gotten better over the years, but public speaking it definitely NOT a talent I possess. :)

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome. Glad it worked. :-)