Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Meal that just the GIRLS Enjoyed!

Okay....here are the happy faces sitting down to the wonderful meal that mommy slaved away over for hours yesterday. I should have taken a picture of their faces as they looked at and ate the new recipes. I could have also included a picture of my 4 year-old gagging up his spinach salad! Yuck!!!! I decided to try 3 new recipes yesterday. Some days I could spend all day in the kitchen cooking new things. Well...anyway to make a long story short....just Callie and I thoroughly enjoyed the food last night. And, I threatened the boys with a new and strange dish EVERY SINGLE NIGHT OF THE WEEK if they didn't quit making negative comments about the food! :)
~The honey orange-pineapple chicken~
The boys kept asking me why there were orange peels on the chicken. They just didn't get into appreciating the artistic arrangement of food and fruit on the plate! :)

~Buttermilk Oatmeal-Raisin Muffins~
2 of the boys liked these.
~The spinach salad~
~Upside-down apple pie~
This was supposed to have pecans on it but I used chocolate chips instead. I didn't have pecans and in my humble opinion and person just can't have too much chocolate! :)
Well....on the menu tonight is homemade pizza. I'm pretty sure ALL the members of the family will like it. That is, unless the new pizza crust recipe I'm trying is a flop! :)
All in the day of the life of a cook!!!!

No comments: