Friday, February 27, 2009

Love is....


The following is a poem written by my mother a few years ago. She wrote it with my brother and I in mind. I read it for the first time a few weeks ago and meant to post it on Valentine's Day, but didn't get around to it. "Thanks, Mom, for such a beautiful poem!"
Love is...
Love is...saying, “I Love You”
When you hold him tightly in the church pew.
Love is...cleaning the sticky fingerprints,
And fixing the tricycle dents.
Love is...allowing her to help with the dishes,
And burying the three goldfish.
Love is...eating popcorn together,
On a day with rainy weather.
Love is...soothing away the tears,
From all the hurts and fears.
Love is...saying, “I was wrong”
And singing his favorite song.
Love is...going on a picnic,
And cleaning up the mess when she was sick.
Love is...helping with his science fair,
Showing your interest and care.
Love is...baking some chocolate chip cookies,
While discussing the birds and the bees.
Love is...always just being there,
Providing lots of love and care.
©2004 Jeanne McIntosh

No comments: