Monday, January 31, 2011

This might make you hungry!!

I enjoy cooking, but sometimes I get in the rut of fixing the same old things over and over again.  This week, I was in the mood to try many different meals.  Here are just some of the new things made last week.....

A deep-dish pizza.  This was the first time using the big cast iron skillet Duane gave me for Christmas for making a pizza.  It was yummy!!  The best thing....it was gluten-free!!!  I could eat it with no guilt or ill effects. :)
 I LOVE pineapples and was absolutely thrilled to pieces when Kroger had them on sale for just $1 each!  I snagged 3 and we made.....
 smoothies with pineapple chunks.  Samuel helped me out....
 You NEVER want the lid to fly off an 'in-motion' blender!!!
 Drinking the leftovers straight from the pitcher!! :) 
 Samuel made up some s'mores on his day off from school.  His grandparents came him a s'more making gift bag as one of his b-day gifts.
 Parmesan-Herb Twists
These are all in the freezer awaiting meals to go with them.
 Cinnamon-Sugar Twists
These were a BIG hit with the kids.
 Callie showing them off.
 Donut making on Sunday afternoon.
 The boys helping decorate the chocolate-glazed ones.
 All the donuts ready to go to church for after service fellowship.
 These were so much fun to make and oh so easy.
 Powdered-sugar donuts are always so pretty!!
My children have informed me that we are NEVER buying store-bought donuts again!!!  My son, Simon, wants me to teach him how to make them so he can make them for his wife one day if she doesn't know how to!!  I thought that was funny but sweet. :)  Simon does love to help out in the kitchen.
 A little girl, just up from her afternoon nap, enjoys a still-warm fresh donut.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think I may have just gained 5 lbs. looking at all those goodies!!

Stephanie Lynn Burley said...

Those look delicious! And I loved that dress you made for Callie. I have a couple of girls down here that would be thrilled to have a mama with some talent in that area!