Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vintage Girl.....

I've always loved how all the vintage patterns look, but have never used one to make anything.  This week I took the plunge.  I started out with a 1972 girls' jacket/coat pattern.  Raided my fabric stash and found some lightweight corduroy and moleskin fabric and started cutting.
Three yards of fabric later........
I finally took some time on Saturday and sewed this up!!  Here she is on Sunday afternoon wearing it for the first time. :)


The inside is completely lined in a super-soft moleskin fabric.
This coat looks as pretty on the inside as it does on the outside.
 pockets...
 love these buttons I found...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... it looks great... I love corduroy!

Sarah H.

Carrie said...

That is absolutely adorable!! Great job!