Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Strawberries, Stripes, Snow, & Scrambled Eggs!!

Are you tired of pictures of sewing yet!!?? :)  Just getting a head start on sewing Callie's Spring/Summer clothes this month.  It'll be here before you know it and I want to be out ENJOYING the weather instead of cooped up in front of the sewing machine!  All this snow/ice keeping me home is a great motivation for me to stay INSIDE and sew.

Here is the latest addition to her spring/summer clothes.  This pattern was originally a shirt.  I lengthened it into a dress and added lacing on the sides. 
 We were looking for a pair of shoes to put on with this dress and she mentioned the ones I had stored up in her closet.  I couldn't believe they fit her already!!!  She's wearing size 11 now!!!  Where did my baby girl go???

 She loves it and I love the fit and the way it moves.
 Boys inside playing Webkinz on their snow day.
 Callie takes a turn playing a preschool computer game and YES she insisted on wearing her new dress today.
 UGH...the backyard is FULL of snow AGAIN!!!
 I ventured outside to take some snow pictures for a friend that doesn't get to see the snow.
 There wasn't a drop of snow yesterday morning...now there's a bunch......*sigh*
Simon made scrambled eggs for me today.  He brought it to me on this tray for my breakfast/lunch!!  Super yummy AND super-sweet of him!! :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Lynn Burley said...

Can you believe how fast that snow fell? I don't know what it was like for you guys (30 miles can make a huge difference), but I have never seen snowflakes like the ones that fell yesterday! They were literally cotton ball size, and it lasted a very long time...nice extention on the President's Day weekend! Yay! Btw, I love that t-shirt dress. I'm not a seamstress, but by the looks of the spring selection and the economy, I may just have to give it a try...yikes. Anyway, I enjoy seeing the sewing posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Callie is such a ham! She's adorable!!