Tuesday, December 22, 2009

UPDATE to He shouldn't rode on the bus!!

I'm FINALLY getting around to blogging about Samuel's Christmas program. After coming back home I was able to LOTS done around the house before packing Callie back in the van to go back for the program. Upon walking into the school, it was a complete Ghostown. No one was in sight. I heard the faint sound of children singing, so I followed the sound and discovered where the program was at. The place was packed. I spotted some empty chairs on the front row. I walked up and asked the lady if she had all those seats saved. Have I mentioned I can't stand it when parents arrive early and reserve HUGE blocks of seats up!!! Well, she said I could have ONE of the seats. So...Callie had to sit on my lap! That was VERY interesting with trying to take pictures and videos! We made it work though. Samuel and all the little kids (3-5 year olds) were adorable. At one point, Samuel started picking his nose. This was, of course, when I had the camera zoomed in on him during one of the songs!! :) On Go Tell It On The Mountain, all the kids were jumping up and down during the chorus. Samuel was looking around at all the kids like 'what in the world are you doing?'. Meanwhile, his sister, Callie, is jumping and twirling madly in the aisle. At that point, I just let her jump. You will see the camera jerking around when she crashes into me!! Finally, on the third chorus, Samuel decides to give a little hop up and down along with the other kids. He then rolls his eyes as if to say, 'Why on earth did I do THAT!"  Oh, and did I mention at one point his shirt goes up and I see his UNDERWEAR band sticking out the top of his jeans!!!!  I could have died laughing!  Especially when I discovered that he was wearing his 11 year old brother's underwear!!  That might be the reason why they were sticking out and bagging over the edge of his jeans!!! lol  You can see it all in the videos below. Definitely worth watching to see all the kids antics! On a side note, there were supposed to be 3 teachers there for the program. One for each class. 2 were sick, so Samuel's teacher had to run all 3 classes and the program by HERSELF!! I thought she did a wonderful job!








All the kids waiting to start the program.

The 3 & 4 year olds are sitting down.  The kindergarteners are standing.

Whew....all done.  We can walk off the stage now.

They had a cookie decorating station set up for the kids.  Samuel & Callie got to decorate their own cookie to eat. 


Eating their plate of goodies!

Samuel and his teacher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!! I'm laughing SO hard!!

Sarah H.

Carrie said...

Hahaha! I LOVED how he did his little hop and then did the eye roll like, "Oh my goodness, this is so stupid." Hilarious!