Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mommy, there are only 2 kinds of sexes......

Warning: The nature of the content of this post might offend some of you. You are in no way obligated to read any more...........That being said, I have just got to write this down......



Monday morning, my cell phone rings before 7:30AM. It was my husband. I sleepily answer the phone. I had not had very much sleep the previous night. My mind cleared instantly when I heard that my son had been asking people at church the previous night what sex was!!!! My husband was asking me to find out casually what was going on. I called Seth in to the living room where I was laying on the couch. First, I asked him to bring me some toilet paper. (I needed to blow my nose.) As I blew away on my nose, I asked him what sex was.



He gives me this strange look and says, "Mommy don't you know what that is."



I think to myself, "Oh, yes, I know what it is, but I want to know what you think it is."



It was like a light bulb went off in his mind, and he says, "Oh, I know what you're talking about."



He goes on to tell me that he told one of his classmates that she looked 'sexy'! YIKES! I guess she was wearing eye shadow. Apparently the teacher talked to him and asked him not to use that word again in reference to the girl. I asked him what he thought it meant. He replied that he thought it meant looking 'teenagerish'! Well, I guess sadly enough, a lot a teenagers are dressing extremely sexy these days. I don't know where he heard the term 'sexy' but apparently he was asking what it meant at church. I'm just very thankful that the teenage girl he asked told him that he needed to ask his parents.



He then proceeds to tell me, "Mom, I know what sex is."



I force myself to nonchalantly ask, "Oh...where did you hear what it is?"



"I heard it on an Andy Griffith Show." was his reply.



"Oh...." ( I have watched every single episode and was rapidly trying to remember where THAT would have been in there.)



"Aunt Bee said their are only 2 kinds of sexes, Females & blabbermouths!"



I nearly rolled off the couch laughing!!!!!!



When Seth comes home this weekend, Daddy gets to have a little talk about the use of and meaning of certain words......I'm glad it's him and not me.......

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I would laugh, but I'm there, too! It's no wonder my mom threw a book at me and said, "Here, read this!"

Rob and Deanna said...

LOL This is Great! Probably not so great when it is your child offending 1/2 the church. ;-)