Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A warm quilt for Callie.....

It started with a pile of satins, velvets & sequined fabrics...
I used my wonderful 50% off rotary cutter/mat to cut out different shapes. I sewed them all together, added a double layer of warm-n-natural batting and a muslin back and "ta-da"....a new quilt for Callie! If you're a quilter don't look too closely at my quilt. I don't use a pattern. I just cut and start sewing and whatever happens, that's the way it's going to be! :)
Here is the finished product.....I was VERY glad to get it finished. It was oh so NOT fun to sew slippery, shiny, stretchy, sequined fabrics together. But what else could you use for a princess themed bedroom?! :)
Here is the SAD little princess........
and here is the HAPPY princess under her
'princess blanket' (as she calls it)!
Now Samuel wants a John Deere, backhoe, excavator, crane, combine (and whatever farm and construction equipment that I didn't name) quilt. Maybe I'll make him one for Christmas!

No comments: