Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Did ya ever wonder what you look like when you pick berries?

On Friday, Grandpa Thomas took us to pick strawberries. This was Callie & Samuel's first time to help out! They had fun!!!
I didn't get as many picked as my father-in-law. I had to stop EVERY time Callie & Samuel picked a berry to exclaim how big & beautiful it was!!!! :)
Callie shows off another berry she's picked, while Samuel checks to see if the berry he picked is good enough to put in the bucket.
Mommy, is this a BIG one?

It's just a little sunny out!
Pictures taken on the way home...
Click on the picture below to make it bigger. Quite the sight.....I'm glad I didn't give my camera to my FIL to take a picture of ME while I was picking berries! :)
Callie & Samuel with their bucket of berries!
Oh so yummy.....red juicy berries!!!
Before lunch I had 2 batches of jam made and the rest of the berries cleaned and frozen! For supper we enjoyed some homemade bread & fresh jam! Yum....Yum.....

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So you need to post your jam recipe, because I have yet to make jam that didn't turn out too runny!