Monday, February 8, 2010

Look out....it's a sock...no wait....IT'S A MONKEY!!!!

What happens when you take some scissors, thread, stuffing, buttons, a pair of mismatched socks and miss your Sunday afternoon nap?

You create a SOCK MONKEY!!!!
......drumroll please....

~Introducing
.....................................
..................
.........
...
.
~"Mr. Monkey"~
I have longed for quite some time to make one of these adorable creatures.  I was just waiting for the right pair of socks to jump out at me!!!  I found these pairs at Dollar General on clearance!!!  That made me even happier!  I spent my Sunday afternoon creating a new stuffie that my daughter immediately claimed as "Mr. Monkey"!  I wanted to name her Millicent.  Boy, you'd get a kick out of hearing Callie say THAT name! ;)
She wanted a picture of "Mr. Monkey" on her head!  I'm going to have to make another one now--for ME!
Getting a head start of summer play shirts for Samuel.  I tried some reverse coverstitching on these and I LOVE the results!
The orange one was the sample and turned out WAY too wide.  That's what you get for sewing while your son is sleeping! :)  Oh well.....it will work as a sleeper shirt!
Still have 3 more cut out waiting to be sewn up into something wearable!
Samuel tried on the shirt and he said, "Mommy, I LOVE this shirt.  It's so warm and comfy!"  Makes sewing all the more rewarding when your child says stuff like that!!!!
15 coin purse & tissue holders.  These will be shipped off to Mexico tomorrow.  Hopefully the snowstorm isn't as bad as predicted and I CAN get to the post office tomorrow!!
A close-up (fuzzy one) of the boxed corners of one of the tissue holders.  Don't you just LOVE that lime green mushroom fabric???  I do!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... what a monkey!!!!

Sarah H.

Greg & Stephanie said...

You are so good! I used to have one of those monkeys...never seen one quite as colorful as yours!

sankey family said...

Regina,
Can't wait to include these items in the Pastors' Wives Care Packages...I know they will love them!
Thanks so much...