Monday, December 6, 2010

Fruitcake & First Snow

Making fruitcake is NOT an annual Christmas baking tradition!!!  This is a once every few years thing I do.  On the spur of the moment, late Monday night, after a wild & crazy evening of making gingerbread houses(for which I still haven't blogged about), I declared Tuesday evening to be fruitcake making night!!!  I make a quick run to the store before picking the kids up on Tuesday to get the last few items we needed.  Here it all is ready to chop......Doesn't all that fruit look yummy!!!  I had wanted all the kids to help, but they took one look at all that ooey-gooey sticky fruit and ran away!!!  Seth was the only one brave enough to stay and help....
 All the fruit FINALLY chopped!  Seth is pouring the liquid ingredients over it....you can tell what he thinks of the mess!! :)
 This is a mix-with-hands project.....
 At this point Seth took over the camera and took probably a dozen or more pictures of my hands.....I won't bore you will them all.....
 And for all of those gasping at my bare hands touching the food....yes, I washed them first!!! lol
 At this point, my hands/fingers were exhausted!!!
 All mixed up....now to wash this goo off my hands!!!!
 All that hard work paid off.....beautiful fruitcakes await us for later!!
While I was talking to my sil on Skype, Callie took a break from her school work to play in the first snow of the season!!!  She was throwing little snowballs at the window where I sat. 
 Scooping up some snow off the hammock pillow that still hasn't made it into the trash can!!! It was damaged this summer and needs to be thrown out.  It did make a great place to scoop off some snow though!!!

 Wiping off all the snow.....
On a side note.....her brothers were sooooo disappointed when they got home from school and all the snow had melted!!!  They didn't get to enjoy playing in it!! :(  I'm sure they're will be plenty more a-comin'!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I'm hoping to start some baking next week. I don't know if I'm brave enough to try fruitcake though.
-Elizabeth