Saturday, August 15, 2009

Early Morning Excitement!!

edit: I apologize for the pics. I tried uploading to photobucket, then I copied & pasted the html code in blogger and now it just shows half of the picture. What's up with that? If you want to see the ENTIRE picture you'll have to click on it! :( Where did I go wrong? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I'm laying in bed, trying to catch up on all the hours of sleep I've lost in the past week when I hear a sound. The whooshing sound of air. I leap out of bed yelling, "The balloons are here, the balloons are here. Hurry up and go outside so we can see them!" I pull on my clothes, slap on my glasses and blearily stumble out the front door with all four kids. I hear them all around me, but my sleep-hazed eyes cannot see a thing but blur. I blink a few times, trying to clear out all the gunk that gets in your eyes at night! :) Finally I can't see the beautiful balloons passing right over my head! What a wonderful sight to see in the early morning. Makes it worth it to get out of bed on a Saturday morning!!! :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
The older kids jumped on bikes and rode up and down the street trying to catch glimpses of more balloons coming! Samuel & Callie have a discussion over Samuel bumping into his sister!
Photobucket
The 3 older kids were excited that the people in this balloon waved and said "Hi!" to them! I ran across the street so I could get a picture of the balloon and my house and part of my kids all at the same time! Shooey.....that was a lengthy sentence!
Photobucket
Here is Callie twirling around in her new balloon skirt I made her in honor of the balloon fest being this weekend! I've been eyeing the fabric at Wal-Mart all summer thinking it would be perfect for this. I finally splurged and bought some yesterday. It was finally on clearance!! Yeah for waiting!
Photobucket
And another twirly pose, just because..................! I'm a proud mama! :)
Photobucket
Sorry about this one being on it's side. I did rotate it, but for some reason it's wanting to lay down. :) Just turn your head or your computer screen. Samuel wanted a pair of balloon shorts. Not the typically boy fabric, but I thought it would be ok for a balloon fest! The crazy pockets took forever to add with all the ironing, topstitching, pleating, but he was one happy guy to have 2 pockets on his shorts!!!
Photobucket

No comments: